Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Learning through Loss

The last three years have been some of the hardest years of my life. I have learned lessons that I frankly was not prepared to even think about. I have had to learn to move on from the heartache of loss and how to love in the midst of pain.

With every situation comes opportunity to see Christ. I really believe that God works in and through every situation. Most of the time, we just have to be willing to open our eyes and see His glory.

After experiences three years ago tomorrow, I have had to begin the process of understanding heartache in the fullest capacity and have had to really enter into a time of growth (although unwillingly at first.) It says in Deuteronomy 31:8 "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you" and lately I am seeing God's glory before me in everything I do. 


Loss is hard. Whether someone was taken from you or have chosen to distance themselves, heartache and pain follow with the absence of someone you love. However, I have learned through loss and have grown from it: 


1. I have learned to love in all situations 
2. You can always be upset, but also understand forgiveness and what it means to truly forgive 
3. Compassion is easier said than done-however, to be compassionate is possible. 
4. Joy inexpressible is worth pain and loss....if you need proof of this, look into the eyes of my sweet niece and nephew and all the pain you feel will disappear. 
5. Love is a choice. I have heard this my whole life, but I have learned the truth of this more and more each day. 
6. God will be glorified. 
7. Never underestimate the impact your smile or hug can have on someone. Those are truly some of the greatest gifts to receive. 
8. God has opened my heart up to the unloved because I have seen how it feels to be that person. Through my pain, I have been given the chance to understand beauty and mercy. 
9. Sometimes crying is a sign of strength. 
10. Prayer is powerful, and although all your prayers might not be answered in your time, they are heard. 



I encourage you, wherever you are in life, to understand that pain does come with losing someone. However, you can still find joy, hope, grace and love if you open your eyes and heart to the grace of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment