Friday, April 8, 2011

My life lately...

So, there have been a few people ask me things lately that I thought I would blog about. And, just an update for my family who reads this =)

1. I was asked the other day why I don't advertise my blog through facebook or other ways whenever I post a new post. And so, here is my answer:

My blog is an outlet for me on what God is doing in my life and how my family and friends are helping me through this time in my life. I want people to read my blog because they feel led to, and not because I have told them that they should. I want God to work through my blog and I know that he can bring people to read this when they need to. It's not my job to get "viewers". So, that's why you will not see me advertise this blog anywhere =)

2. I had a friend ask me why I dress up for church but I don't always dress up for class.

Well, for me, church is a time for me to reconnect from the busy week with God. And, we are often referred to as the bridegroom of Christ. And on a wedding day, a bride dresses up for her husband out of respect for the occasion. So, on Sunday's, I dress up not because it is just what is socially acceptable, but because I want to dress for respect of my Father and the love and joy that he brings me. So, again, there you go =)


Life Updates as of Now:

1. I have been keeping two other blogs for my classes here on campus, and it occured to me that some of you might be interested in my thoughts from those classes and the issues that we discuss.
One class is my marriage and family class, and you can access my blog for that class here. This blog mainly deals with the sociological aspect of a family and marriage. Some of the issues are rather controversial, and so through that, I hope that you can see your own views and enjoy reading mine.

The second class is my Social Issues class, and you can access it here. I love this class. Probably one of my favorite classes I have ever taken and I would gladly take it again if possible. We mainly discuss issues that as teachers we will encounter and how we can be prepared to handle them. This blog really reflects my views on education and more to the reason as to why I want to teach.

Enjoy!

2. Lately, God has been working in my life and has continued to reveal His love and plan for me. I have heard over and over how as a potential teacher, I should be worried about not having a job, but God continues to give me peace about this, and that peace has been incredibly encouraging!

3. An opportunity has come up for me to help lead a bible study on campus, and I am so excited about it! I have been praying and I truly feel God blessing this decision, and knowing that I will have the chance to meet more people next year is very exciting!

4. I miss my family. So much. And each day reminds me of that. The fact that I miss them also shows me how rare our family is and how much love our family has...makes me feel so so blessed =)


Ok, so that's all that I have for you currently. I hope you have enjoyed this mini life update. If you have questions over any of the blog posts or more on anything in my life, please feel free to ask!


No comments:

Post a Comment